12.01.2007

camels

I read some history today, which was new for me.

It was about the First Ride of the British Camel Regiment

First, Camel Regiment! I might even join the army if I could be in a camel regiment. That's some Lawrence of Arabia shit.

Second,
The decision to send Gordon cost the British Government dearly. A hero from his days fighting in the Taiping rebellion, "Chinese" Gordon, was a popular figure and a there was a huge outcry came from the British public to send an expedition to his aid. Soon, the British government gave in and tasked General Lord Wolseley to mount the expedition it had tried so hard to avoid.


Ok, I wish it were still acceptable to have nicknames like "Chinese".
I'd go for "Pakistani" Parcells. Because of my ideas for America East. Or "Irish Parcells" because of my love for potato products.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home