9.04.2006

last month. . .

Ok, I’ve been severely out of the loop for the past month. I’ve been fighting bears, wrestling brides, and generally wasting a lot of time. Because of this, I feel like I’ve been away from the world for a while now. Lucky for me, nothing much has gone on in the past few weeks. I blame it on the month of August, when summer tv is old and stale, fall tv is not yet here, and when American politicians begin to think that the French way isn’t so bad after all. Let’s face it, they’ve got to rest up for election season, where they will be working hard, but not on their jobs.
So, what happened while I was gone? I’m trying to keep up. . .

JonBenet: still dead, still unsolved, I guess. Looks like they did manage to find a sufficiently creepy looking guy to pin it on though. He looked creepy enough for people to believe it wasn’t a family member. To bad they blew it.

I’ve been by her house before. It was very unexceptional. I would have thought there would at least be a plaque, or an “Unsolved Mysteries”-style dramatic reenactment I could pay to see.

The Middle East; still awesomely fucked up to the point where it bores me. Good thing we’ve got better newsertainment stories, like the one above, and the (who didn’t see this coming?) death of Croc Hunter.

Donald Rumsfeld
: some people still don’t like this guy.

Senator George Allen: called someone a bad word.

Oh, and some planes almost got hijacked by a bunch of terrorists with MacGyver-like skills. But they didn’t. Result: no more flasks on planes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home