2.26.2007

conversed

I didn’t ask for it.

But I wound up discussing politics with a seventeen year old. She said, “what was your opinion on referendum ---, I said, “referendum what?” and she said “you know the one about -----“
Me: Oh, that shit was never going to pass
She: I worked on the campaign.
Me: Who’s going to listen to you; you can’t even vote?
She: I can still go door to door.
Me: All that walking. . .[head shake]
She: You’re not a very positive person, are you?
Me: How old were you in 2000?
She: Do the math. [come to think of it, she had some attitude]
Me: I was just trying to make a point there. . .”
She: Which was . . .?
Me: . . .
She: You don’t have many friends, do you?
Me: That seems kind of like a big assumption
She: I’m just saying, you’re always here alone.
Me: Maybe I come here to be alone.
She: You would stay home
Me: Maybe I don’t know how to make coffee, and maybe I like discussing politics with naïve people.
She: You’re not very clever.
Me. You’re probably right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home