8.01.2007

Book Club! Special Topics in Calamity Physics

I read a book! This book, entitled Special Topics in Calamity Physics, was about teenage drinking, private school, the Electra Complex, inappropriate relationships between teachers and students, between teachers and students’ parents, and between students’ parents and school administrators. Also, violent leftist radical failures [Yes, the last word is extraneous].

This book is extremely well-referenced! I identified strongly with the narrator, because she is slightly more intelligent (you can tell this because she attends an Ivy League school that is more prestigious than my Ivy League school), and slightly more socially adept (you can tell this because she wasn’t raised by Catholic priests) than I am.

I say, read this book. It has many astute references to other books I think you should read, and it’s funny at times. While it’s about as believable as Harry Potter, the writing is far more colorful, and there’s almost sex in it! Oooohhhh! Literary!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home