7.02.2007

priorities

Neither Lynne nor I are talented at the waking up part of the day. Since we both have jobs that enable us to slink in late if need be, we often abuse this privilege. Sometimes one of us gets to feeling guilty about our sloth, and we make a pact to meet for coffee at 8 A.M. (I know, ungodly), We both feel that if the other is actually depending on us for company, it will be easier to get out of bed. Today, I did feel the guilt. I was in bed at 7:52 and everything hurt so badly, I just wanted to close my eyes and let my hair waft in the smooth breeze from my fan. Instead, I got up, threw some clothes on, and went to the 1369 coffee shop, where I chugged iced coffee with Lynne and gossiped desultorily about our recently broken-up friend Jabber.

Then I went home and went back to bed. Apparently, I value Lynne’s friendship more than my workplace responsibilities.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home