6.10.2007

you should. . .buy Boxer, the new album by the National.

the National is a good band. The National is on tour, and I am missing all of their shows. The National writes sad songs with ambiguous, clever lyrics. The National is two pairs of brothers and a singer. The National’s lead singer has a nice baritone voice. The National’s songs are occasionally bleak, which is good for me.

The first National song I heard was All the Wine. I try to put any irony aside, and relish envisioning myself as a “perfect piece of ass.” I also like to have a big wet bottle in my fist. You know, I listen to it and I think I am a festival. I am a parade. Then I go get drunk, and the next morning I’m out of love with myself and whoever else was involved, and repentant. But still, good song. “All the Wine” is not on Boxer, but it is an excellent album nonetheless.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home