7.18.2007

you should . . . see the Sea Inside

Last week I went to Cape Cod. I was swimming in the ocean and diving off rocks until I hit the rocky bottom with my face. It hurt and I bled a lot in the, "oh shit I know as soon as I resurface there is going to be red blood pouring off my eyebrow and into the water and it's going to look like fucking Jaws so I should start screaming like I got bit but my head hurts too much for that," sort of way. My friends have a baby, and I sat on the beach for a long time with one of its (clean) diaper pressed to my forehead. We debated the merits of stitches, but I didn't want to leave the beach, so I found a band aid and went off to play frisbee.

Today i watched the Sea Inside, because it is also about a guy who dives into the water and hits his head. He ends up paralyzed for life, wants to die in a "please just kill me already," sort of way for thirty years, then he finds a woman who loves him enough to do the deed. So. . .there's that. Basically, it left me feeling like sort of a whiny dick for spending the whole week worrying about the little scar on my forehead. Also, it depressed me that this quadriplegic guy was still able to get two women to fall in love with him, which is two more than I've got. But that's me. I'm kind of a dick.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home