8.18.2007

travelogue

I decided to drive across the country. While I am loving my wonderful new car, I am not loving my decision to drive through the South. I was prepared for the bad food, but was surprised that people in Tennessee were so poorly dressed. I feel like I'm dressed to the nines in my t-shirt sleeves and actual shoes. At one point I felt like I belonged. I was eating Twizzlers and applying deodorant while driving. When I saw a few turkey looking animals on the side of the road, I said, "Will you take a look at those fuckers?" To myself. Twizzler juice dripped on my shirt.

Really, I'm just displacing my loneliness with stereotypical east coast elitism. I find a reason to mock half the people on the road.

I'm in a shitty hotel and the mistakes I've made with every woman I've ever known are marching montage-style through my dreams. I tried to watch tv to fix it, but the Gilmore Girls are the cure for nothing. I do love their sassy repartee and unnecessary sub-pop culture references, though.

Anyway, in sum. Boston to D.C.: Good choice as always, bad traffic.
After that: Should have found a reason to go to Chicago. Then it's a day to Boulder, and there's actual scenery starting there.
Tomorrow, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and the Texas Panhandle.
Santa Fe will be nice though, right?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home