9.18.2006

George Clooney Loves Africa, but not as much as other people do


George Clooney went to the U.N. last week, and while he was probably disappointed that it wasn’t like the U.N. in the movies (although John Bolton would make a great villain), he was stil able to get on up there and talk about the Sudan. I guess, if I’m going to have to hear about, I’d like to get the bad news from somebody handsome, and so would the U.N. Anyway, I tried to see how George does in the press compared to Angelina Jolie or Bono, his do-gooding celebrity counterparts. In Google Trends, Angelina(in red, above) destroys both Bono (yellow) and George Clooney (blue). However she has a much more interesting personal life, and is a hot woman, which might get her more hits than being a hot man would. If you redo the search in LexisNexis, searching all major newspapers in the past year for the terms “Angelina Jolie and Africa”, “George Clooney and Sudan”, and “Bono and Africa” you get 305 articles, 35 articles, and 271 articles respectively. When I expanded the search to “George Clooney and Africa”, I got 65. And then I got bored. But the lesson is, George, you’ve got work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home