10.03.2006

Get Funny



Ok, I'm not usually a comics reader, and I'm not much of a comics critiquer. I think that the Comics Curmudgeon has already reached the pinnacle of this field. He is a man without peers. But, I have two big problems with one of last week's Get Fuzzy. While most comics are never funny, this one can be on occasion. Anyway, the comic manages to go into two very unfunny jokes at the same time.
1. It assumes that Cockney British accents are funny. This is wrong.
2. It makes the, "people from Massachusetts are communists" joke. You know, becasue their are a lot of liberals there. This joke has only been made well one time in the history of man. It was during a Simpson's episode, and it was only funny because,
a. Homer said it to Sideshow Bob without any Massachusetts related set-up.
b. He used the word "pinko" which is funny.
As a native northeasterner, I find insinuations of Communism boring, trite, and in-poor-taste. I want people to please stop calling us Communists. That word should be reserved exclusicely for reference to Canadians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home